Every infant born undergoes certain child development stages in life that gradually lead the child to become an adult. All these child development stages comprise the most endearing milestones. They all provide delightful experiences to the parent. Achieving milestones on time include the child’s growth and development in the right direction.
Each age of a child links to a certain milestone. These act as physical and behavioral checkpoints as your baby grows.
What Are The Factors That Reflect Child Development?
A growing child displays the right behavioral patterns. He shows apt responses to audio and visual experiences. They can also express their needs in some form of language, which could be a sign language.
The early childhood development is reflected through factors like:
- They are aware of their sensory responses
- Ability to interact and respond
- Fine motor skills are gradually enhanced as the child crosses each stage.
- Cognitive skills develop as in recognition, understanding of signs and sounds
Each of these processes marks milestones in a child’s life. It is the duty of the parent and childcare agencies to keep track of such developments.
Baby Development Milestones That Indicate Normal Growth And Child Development:
- The infant lifts up the chest and head when lying on the stomach, thereby reflecting the infant’s physical development.
- The baby who is younger than 6 months’ responds to sounds
- Babies begin to roll over around the four to five-month period. This indicates the baby’s normal physical growth and the milestone required at that age is achieved.
- Facial expressions change when seeing something familiar, like the milk bottle and also when someone like the mother comes closer. These indicate recognition of the figures and faces thus reflecting the baby’s social development
- As a 6-month-old, the baby begins to vibe well with other children around
- Small baby talks that the baby indulges in indicates Cognitive development. They also begin to recognize voices around them, especially their mother’s voice. The aural capabilities also of a baby also mark the onset of this development stage.
- The baby starts following moving objects and the eyes, as well as the limbs, start moving. A very common example is that of the pendulum of the clock. He begins to look in the direction of the clock as soon as it enters the room.
- In the first year of a baby’s life, they begin to understand the language spoken around them. They also
startpicking up words from that language. A baby reached this milestone before he turns a year old.
- The baby language is highly indicative of normal development in a child. When a baby cries due to hunger, you feed him. The next time the baby feels hungry, he cries in the same manner.
These milestones also reflect the baby’s normal growth and development normally with no cause for worry for the parents.
Baby development milestones bring with it great pleasures. Parents are filled with joy when they witness their child grow from an infant to a toddler and then a teenager.
Each milestone comes with a certain set of abilities. You also need to ensure that your child develops these abilities at the right age. A month or two of
Speak a health care provider to make sure everything is alright. Also, ensure that your child gets the right nutrients at the right age. Each child’s needs are different. These needs also change as the child moves from one child development stage to another. Growth spurts give rise to additional nutritional needs. Ensure you’re aware of this and have it covered.